Activity levels at their peak at UCC RFC!
With a few busy weeks ahead of us and preparation for an All Ireland Final in progress, it’s simple to say life has never been so hectic for a UCC ladies rugby player. With training ongoing to prepare for the big day; here are a few other events that are happening over the course of the remainder of our season:
- Saturday 12th: Old boys game & Old Girls game in the Mardyke. All proceeds are going towards a very worth cause. Cork City Hospitals Club! Throughout the year, the Cork City Hospitals Children’s Club brings sick and deserving children from CUH, Mercy Hospital, St. Gabriel’s and the Cork Deaf Association on numerous trips, as well as hosting many fun and exciting events, the pinnacle of which is the annual trip to Disneyland. To donate visit: https://www.gofundme.com/nzsb2cta
- Clubs and Socs Ball: Congratulations to our fantastic captain Hannah Lane who has been awarded a Bene Merenti award after all her hard work all year!! Our website has also been nominated for Website of the Year and winner will be announced at the Clubs and Socs ball this Thursday night!
- ALL IRELAND FINAL!!! This match is scheduled for the 16th of March, in Barnhall RFC with a 1.30 kick off. The girls would really appreciate support on the day. UCC Ladies take on old rivals NUIG, both teams defeating last years finalists, so that in itself is an achievement!! Let’s hope some silverware is brought home to UCC RFC!!
- UCC RFC Annual Rugby Ball; a popular event in the rugby calendar which is well attended every year by all members of the club. (2nd April– In the Metropole Hotel) We will celebrate another year of UCC RFC in all it’s glory. Fingers crossed with a cup or two at the top table!! Tickets can be bought from your captain, Dinah O’ Mahony or Hannah Lane.
- La Parisiennes: 14 girls are set to travel to France on the 7th of April in a University organised Seven’s tournament! This event has been in the planning for quite some time and the girls are really looking forward to this one!